This information was updated on September 28, 2021.
After taking the year off in 2020 due to the pandemic, the Carolina Browns Backers will host in-person watch parties for 2021. Here’s how you can get together with us and fellow Browns Backers this season.
Please note, the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County currently require masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. While this mandate is in place, everyone will be required to wear a mask to enter our viewing locations. If you’re not vaccinated, please reconsider attending in-person watch parties.
We’re currently sold out of our GV Artwork club t-shirts. We hope to have more shirts available later this season.
The Blind Pig
Location: 453 East 36th St. Charlotte, NC 28205
Located in the NoDa neighborhood, this is the Carolina Browns Backers primary location for watch parties in 2021. Every game all season long will be available at the Blind Pig. Here’s what you need to know:
- Age Requirement: 21 years old. Anyone under the age of 21 is not permitted into the Blind Pig. We’ve highlighted additional family-friendly viewing locations below.
- Free street parking is available throughout the NoDa neighborhood on 35th, 36th and N. Davidson streets, as well as the many adjacent streets. The Lynx Blue Line (light rail) also picks up and drops off just down the road at the 36th St. station. Please Uber/Lyft, ride the train or ensure you have a DD if you plan on drinking. Parking in the lot behind the Pig is extremely limited and unlikely to be available.
- Sweet Lew’s BBQ food truck, AKA Sweet Lucille, will be available on the back patio. Sweet Lew’s BBQ is owned by Cleveland native Lewis Donald. Outside food is also welcome at the Blind Pig. If you don’t take advantage of Sweet Lew’s BBQ, we recommend picking something up or having it delivered from the many excellent NoDa restaurants within walking distance.
- Indoor and outdoor space will be available with TV and game audio on. To maximize the spaces and accommodate as many fans as possible, there will be more standing room than seated tables.
- Please don’t bring your dog inside the Blind Pig. Our watch parties are often quite crowded and can get rowdy. We would hate for your pet to get frightened or injured. The Dog Bar is also located directly behind the Blind Pig if you need somewhere to take your furry friend.
- Cornhole, pop-a-shot, skee ball and other arcade-style games are available.
- Giveaways, raffles, DJ and music will be happening during watch parties at the Blind Pig.
Located just off I-77 near Bank of America Stadium, this is a family-friendly secondary viewing location that will have select games available. They don’t have NFL Sunday Ticket, so at this time the dates we’ve confirmed they’ll have the game on with audio include prime time games that are nationally televised and Browns games that are broadcast on local TV in Charlotte.
The Kilted Buffalo at Langtree
Location: 119 Landings Dr. Mooresville, NC 28117
This is the primary viewing location for the Lake Norman Browns Backers and is a family-friendly bar and grill located north of the city in Mooresville. For more information about this club, contact their president or connect with them on social media. Club details are available on the official Browns Backers website.
Jocks & Jills
This is the primary viewing location for the Charlotte Browns Backers and is a family-friendly sports bar on the south side of the city. Their club details on the official Browns Backers website are unavailable as they’re not currently listed, but they appear to still be active on facebook.
The Carolina Browns Backers are an official chapter (#540) of Browns Backers Worldwide. Founded in 2009, we’ve hosted watch parties for all Browns games at various locations in Charlotte, NC. Funds raised each year are donated to local non-profits such as the Humane Society, Second Harvest Food Bank, Heart Meter and Changing Hearts Farm.